Environment – The Catalyst
Our goal at COMPEL is to provide a well rounded spiritual environment conducive for the growth of every student who attends. In every area, social, spiritual, academic, along with a well equipped staff that loves to mentor, you will be immersed for 14 weeks in a little heaven here on earth. We pray and play together, eat and fellowship together, worship and study together, and simply grow together as we seek and share the kingdom of God. We look for every opportunity to allow the Holy Spirit to create an environment that will deepen your spiritual experience and bring you closer to the heart of God. We have realized the imperative of knowing God and Jesus, for “this is eternal life”, and this is the main purpose for the existence of COMPEL. To provide you with a thorough knowledge and education in the things of God.
The schedule at COMPEL is demanding, and not for the weak in heart! It is set up in such a way for you to get the most training and experience possible in just a few months.
- Devotions – Our day begins with personal devotional time in preparation for the day ahead.
- Breakfast – From there it’s fellowship time at the breakfast table where we can connect together and share what the Lord has spoken to us in our devotions.
- Family Worship – Right around the corner is our time of worship where we draw close together as a family to pray and be fed spiritually from the Word of God.
- Class Studies – For the next several hours we delve into the theory and application of Biblical principles in the classroom, share ideas, practice methods, and test our skills in what we have learned, every moment growing in Christ and preparing for our commissioning from COMPEL into the vineyard of the Lord.
- Lunch – After class we are off for a refreshing and incredibly tasty vegan lunch prepared by experienced hands. All of this reminds you of the early church that spent their time together eating, praying, and studying.
- Activities – Give the rest of the afternoon over to homework, exercise and activity, outreach and evangelistic meetings.
- Rest – We return home to close our day with the Lord before we rest our weary heads.
The Spiritual Environment
Prayer is and will be a key element for the success of your experience at COMPEL.
Therefore we take it seriously, and pray as often as we can together and individually so we may stay connected with the source of our power, our Father and God in heaven.
Each morning COMPEL secures time for your personal devotions, provides a daily worship schedule where you can pray and study together with your fellow classmates, and the environment itself is designed to foster a life based upon three irreplaceable items: prayer, Bible study, and sharing your faith. There is nothing more calculated to bring you closer to each other and to Jesus than spending time in His Word, sharing your faith, and opening your heart up together before the Lord in prayer.
The Social Environment
At COMPEL we are not all about business, yet we are always about “our Father’s business.” This means that, while we concentrate on giving you the best experience possible in the classroom and in the field, we also realize the importance of fresh air, exercise, and communing with God in His natural and beautiful world. West Virginia offers plenty of opportunity here, and you will visit some of the more beautiful and natural areas in the country. Beautiful trails, raging waters and amazing, scenic wonders, your experience will be complete at COMPEL.
The Academic Environment
True education is the preparation of the physical, mental, and moral powers for the performance of every duty; it is the training of body, mind, and soul for divine service. This is the education that will endure unto eternal life. Christ’s Object Lessons, p. 330.
At COMPEL we have worked hard to develop a unique curriculum that encompasses this principle of true education. Our classes cover every aspect – physical, mental, and moral powers – and each one includes practical training and experience so the student is fully prepared to give what he/she has been given. From our daily exercise regimen and massage and hydrotherapy class, to health and healing, doctrines, Daniel and Revelation, etc., the student will receive training of mind, body, and soul for divine service.
The Mentoring Environment
In the training of His disciples the Savior followed the system of education established at the beginning. The twelve first chosen, with a few others who through ministry to their needs were from time to time connected with them, formed the family of Jesus. They were with Him in the house, at the table, in the closet, in the field. They accompanied Him on His journeys, shared His trials and hardships, and, as much as in them was, entered into His work. Education, p. 84.
At COMPEL we realize the absolute necessity of sharing our experience in the field with you. Not only will we be teaching you in the classroom day by day, but at the breakfast table, during the worship hour, at the lunch table and in the kitchen, during outreach and even our recreation, we will be looking for opportunities to spend time with you and share with you our experience. We will make sure that you come behind in no area of your experience at COMPEL. For the next 3 1/2 months we will be close knit family formed by God for service!